The GoatLink is simply the fastest route to improved wear and long-term shifting performance on wide-range 1x10 drivetrains using the Shimano Shadow+ Rear derailleurs. The GoatLink, made by Lindarets and Wolf Tooth, re-positions 10-speed Shimano Shadow+ Rear derailleurs to the optimal location when using the GC 40T and GC 42T cassette expanders.
Compatibility: Compatible Shimano Shadow+ 10-speed rear derailleurs (clutch type ONLY) have a Direct Mount link (including spacer, if so equipped) or B-pivot knuckle with a thickness of 7.9-8.1mm. Shimano changed to this sometime in 2013. Very early Shadow+ rear derailleurs have a thinner link and are not compatible.
-The GoatLink is optimized for use with Wolf Tooth’s 40- and 42-tooth GCs and all sizes of Drop-Stop chainrings - but will work with any 11-40t or 11-42t 10-speed cassette.
- Direct Mount-native frames and SRAM rear derailleurs are not supported.
- You will NEVER need a longer b-screw with the GoatLink
- Improvements with the GoatLink*
Chain wrap at 11t (effects cassette life):
40t: Improved by 69%
42t: Improved by 53%
Free chain length at 11t (effects shifting precision):
40t: Improved by 25%
42t: Improved by 19%$37.55 (RRP)
Add To Cart
The GoatLink 11 hanger extension offsets the position of your 11-speed Shimano mountain bike rear derailleur allowing you to be able to run a wider range cassette while improving performance.
- Same ergonomics and reliability of Shimano shifters and derailleurs
- Gear range, simplicity and quietness of SRAM 1x11 drivetrain
- High-performance and lightweight
This project began with the desire to run 11-speed Shimano derailleurs and shifters with SRAM 10-42t XD cassettes. Granted the combination can work without modification - but performance wasn't quite what we'd expect from Shimano and SRAM's finest.
When used with a 10-42t cassette, the GoatLink 11 re-positions SLX M7000, XT M8000 and XTR M9000 rear derailleurs such that free chain length between the cassette and the top derailleur pulley is within 1% of what Shimano intended while cassette tooth engagement in the smallest cog is improved by 27%.
Knowing that certain situations call for a range beyond that provided 10-42t or 11-42t cassettes, we tweaked the GoatLink 11 to also significantly improve Shimano 11spd rear derailleur performance with extended-range like the Wolf Tooth GCX44 modified 10-44t XX1 or X01 cassette.
Cassette • Compatibility
11-40 • Not Required
11-42 • Not Required
11-45 • GS/SGS Derailleur
11-46 • GS/SGS Derailleur
10-42 • GS/SGS Derailleur
10-44 • GS/SGS Derailleur (Wolf Tooth GCX44)
10-45 • Not Optimized
9-44 • Not Optimized
- The GoatLink 11 is compatible with SLX M7000, XT M8000 and XTR M9000 series 11-speed Shimano rear derailleurs.
- The GoatLink 11 mounts only to standard derailleur hangers.
- Double chainrings (2x) is supported and requires a long cage (SGS) rear derailleur with no more than a 12t difference in front chainrings (with an 11-46t cassette).
- Triple chainrings are not supported.
- Direct Mount native frames and SRAM derailleurs are not supported.$56.38 (RRP)
Add To Cart
The RoadLink™ derailleur hanger extension is a unique patented device that offsets the position of your road derailleur to make it possible to run a wide-range mountain bike style cassette. It is an ideal solution for riders looking to convert their road, gravel, cyclocross, or commuter drivetrain bike to attain the simplicity and reduced weight of a single front chainring but without giving up the gear range of a double. It is also great for riders with double chainring bikes that want lower gearing for those ultra steep climbs. It does not compromise the shifting in the smaller cogs of the cassette but yet it enables the derailleur to work with as large as a 40T cassette.
- Easily installed in less than 5 minutes by any home mechanic.
- The RoadLink mounts only to standard derailleur hangers.
RoadLink repositions your derailleur to provide clearance for larger cassette cogs but it does not increase derailleur capacity. It is critical to find and understand your derailleur’s capacity before attempting to expand its gear range.$41.32 (RRP)
The RoadLink DM (Direct Mount) is the RoadLink that fits Shimano’s R7000 105, R8000 and RX800 Ultegra and R9100 Dura-Ace rear derailleurs. Since its introduction, the award-winning Wolf Tooth RoadLink has given riders the ability to easily increase the range of their Shimano road drivetrains while maintaining near-factory levels of chain wrap and shifting performance.
Like the mountain-focused GoatLink, the RoadLink DM replaces Shimano’s stock direct mount link allowing you to relocate the derailleur to provide clearance for larger-than-stock range cassettes while maintaining chain wrap and improving shifting. The result—larger gear ranges that riders want and expect for their road, commuter, gravel, and touring bicycles.
- Fits Shimano R9100-generation Dura-Ace, R8000-generation Ultegra, RX800 and RX805 Ultegra, and R7000 105 rear derailleurs
- Fits standard derailleur hangers only
- Direct mount derailleur hangers are not supported. These are not common and the stock b-link that the RoadLink DM replaces will not be present on bikes with a direct mount derailleur hanger
- Optimized for use with 11-36t, 11-40t, and 11-42t 11-speed cassettes
- Will improve performance with 10-42t 11-speed cassettes, but not to factory levels
- Does not change the derailleurs total chain wrap capacity.$56.38 (RRP)